Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Potty Training - Day 2

So I was congratulating myself after passing the first day of potty training my 3 year old with no accidents. She even claims she went potty twice yesterday, although she flushed the toilet before I could get there and see. But she stayed dry. I do think she was holding it in all day, though.
I was expecting more of the same today, not so. Well, she started out the same. We would go and sit on the potty, talk, play, have treats, pass the time, still nothing. But then while we were outside I noticed she paused in her play, of course I asked her if she needed to go potty, she said no and walked away. Then she stopped again and I waited for the tell-tale puddle to appear, but again, nothing. Then she started saying "I pooped" Great!!! So I took her inside and we cleaned her up and the pooppy underware. I would much rather clean up pee than pooppy underware!!! And that is my day so far. Atleast I know there will be no more poop. = > I guess that can be counted as some success.

1 comment:

A.Dever said...

I finally got my little daughter potty trained............and I about lost my mind. I finally told her I didn't care if she didn't poop in the potty as long as she told me so I could put a diaper on her..........and once I stopped caring - she figured it out. But I seriously thougth I was going to lose what little is left of my mind..............

Good Luck!!!