Monday, September 1, 2008

National Sewing Month

September is National Sewing Month!! Finally, a "national" month I can support and as a cause near and dear to my heart, I urge all of you out there to give your all for this cause. On my side bar is a link, go there and find out what you can do. I plan on spending all my extra time and just generally all my time sewing up a storm this month in support of this great cause!! Up coming projects include binding two quilts tied by Sara and Tessa's activity days group, (they are giving them to two other girls whose home burned down in a recent fire here in town.), making a few zippered shopping totes, (way cool!!!), a couple of tops for me (I hope), several other bags I have ideas for, pants for the willow twins, (they are about as tall and skinny as willows) something special for Amber's birthday, and a few special items for the National Sewing Month project.

They are making Anti-Ouch bags (see the site for info) to give to women who are breast cancer patients. It is a great idea and a simple project so I hope that if you can, please support it!


But other all my lofty goals and aspirations, I am getting back into the swing of school schedules, running kids all over the place, and just general bedlam. Fun huh. But I am excited to have an extra excuse, reason, push to sew. I know it doesn't take much, but still, I'll take it. I hope you will too!!

SEW MUCH, SEW MORE, SEW HAPPY!!!

No comments: