Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Trying....

So this summer I had a brilliant idea, or thought I did.  Understanding that most children are messy, I have one child that seems to be extra, extra messy.  She has no concept of things belonging other than where ever she drops them and is always surprised when they are not under her nose when she looks for them.  So for this summer I moved her out of her room and put her in a small nook.  We moved all the toys out and it is just big enough for her mattress and a small area to stand in when she dresses, nothing else.  There is a light and I hung a curtain for privacy.   My hopes is that, by only allowing her to have one book to read, a blanket, a pillow, and one stuffed animal at a time it would help her to understand where things belong and to put them away.  She loves her small space and having "her own room".   But I am not sure it is helping with the messiness.   
Except her sister's room that she moved out of seems to be a lot cleaner, longer.  But her space is still messy, just on a smaller scale.  Sooo, maybe it is working.  She does have to clean it everyday or every other day.  And it doesn't seem to take her as long or be as big of a battle to get her to clean it.   I guess we will just have to wait and see.   

Lots of sewing going on here this summer.  I will post pix next.  We are also moving my sewing room into a slightly bigger room.  That is a HUGE undertaking!!  But we are almost done and I am very excited!!!  Can't wait to show of pix of that!

1 comment: